Banana Bread

Another banana bread?  Like I don't have enough banana bread recipes already!  Well, just like I have tons of pound cake recipes the same holds true for banana bread.  This one is slightly lighter in the sense that it's not quite as heavy and moist as some.  This is the one I prefer simply for that reason.  It's  also a very simple one where you can add additional ingredients and doctor it up a bit if you like.  I firmly believe that you cannot go wrong with simple! This was adapted from Allrecipes with a few of my own changes.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 medium
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour one 9x5 inch pan

Cream butter and sugar until smooth.  Beat in eggs, then bananas.  Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined and fold in walnuts by hand.

Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour.  Mine was done in slightly less time.  Remove from pan after 10 minutes and let cool.  I like to wrap my banana bread in plastic wrap after it has cooled for about 15 minutes.  This locks in some moisture and flavor.

Comments