Frozen Berry Cobbler

It's rare that I make a cobbler but when I saw this on Pinterest I knew that I would be making this one. It's so easy and delicious.  It's definitely a winner.  Frozen berries and a cake mix.  Can it get any simpler?  And the recipe works.  I made some cookies the other night that were also real simple (too simple in fact) and they were a total disaster.  I found the recipe in a cake magazine and the recipe was posted by the editor.  Total failure, which my gut told me it would be.  Nothing could save those babies...but this baby works!!!  Please give this a try!  And don't leave out the sugar coating.  It is sooo good!

2 - 12 oz bags of frozen mixed berries
1 white cake mix
1 can of 7 Up or Sprite (must be clear soda - you may use diet if you like)

Place frozen fruit in 9 x 13 in baking dish.  Add the dry cake mix over the top.  Pour soda slowly over the cake mix. Do not stir the cake mix and the soda.  This will give you a crust.   If you stir the two you will have a cake like topping.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 - 40 minutes.

For the sugar coating:

2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 - 3 teaspoons milk (unsweetened

almond or soy are fine also)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Slowly combine milk and powdered sugar to desired consistency.  Add 1/2 tsp vanilla.  Spread over warm cobbler and let set.  Can be eaten while still slightly warm or cool.


Comments

Pam said…
Mmmm. I love cobbler, especially berry cobbler! It looks terrific.