Cranberry Christmas Cake

This is an absolutely awesome cake.  I'm attracted to recipes that are simple. Not too many crazy ingredients or dozens of steps either. This cake is all of that and more.  I was going to post another recipe before this one but I figured with the holidays coming up this would be better suited for now.  It is perfect for breakfast or dessert.  If you are going to try one new recipe this season, let it be this one.  It will not disappoint!  Here is where I originally found the recipe, via Pinterest!

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
12 oz of fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  With a mixer, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.  The mixture should almost double in size.  The eggs work as your leavening in this recipe, so do not skip this step.  This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl. Add the butter and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.  Stir in the flour until just combined.  Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.

Spread batter into buttered 9 x 13 pan.  Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let cool completely before cutting into small slices.

The original recipe does not call for a drizzle or light glaze but I think it would be perfect for this cake and may try that the next time I make it.

Comments

CakeSpy said…
I could really get down with this as an amazing holiday breakfast. <3
Joanne said…
I love how this is simple, but still totally festive!!
My Inner Chick said…
gorgeous & deeeelish!! xx