Welcome Skeeter!!!!

This is a picture of the new "little boy" of the house. Skeeter!  He is a 4 month old shih tzu and a bundle of energy.  When Selena died this past April I thought that perhaps I would look into getting another old dog from a shelter in the fall.  Well as the weeks past (only a few) I dearly missed my little girl and missed having a dog around.  I am lost without an animal. Those of you who love animals like I do know exactly what I mean. My husband on the other hand felt relief.  No more worrying about getting home to the dog, no more little dog bites on the floor that you always seem to walk on with bare feet!!!  No more growling - Selena became very difficult in her later years and would try to bite me quite often if she had a treat and I got to close, if I came near her when she was eating and on and on.  So as you can imagine, the last thing he wanted was another dog.  BUT, he knew there really was no choice.

As I checked out several shelters and found a dog that I thought would make a great companion at each one, he would get more and more nervous.  I think he must have really panicked when I just fell in love with an adorable white pitbull.  At that point he said he wanted to get me a puppy. I was very reluctant because the last thing I wanted was a puppy - the training, the boundless energy they have and the list goes on. I certainly did not want a pure bred since I wanted to adopt.  But since he wanted NO dog, I did need to compromise.  So I told him any dog that he liked would be fine with me.  I love them all.  So, this is how Skeeter came about!!! And let me tell you he is giving me a run for my money. I absolutely love this energy when it comes to long walks since I missed that with Selena but wow.....let's just hope the puppy stages passes sooner rather than later.....Regardless, his is the new boy in the family and I wanted to share his pic with all of you!!!!

I know that lately I have barely been posting any new recipes but I'll be back later in the week with a delicious strawberry cake!!!  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Comments

vesselsmemories said…
Hi Debbie!
I'm Dawn and this is the first time I stop by. Skeeter is adorable! I also love recipe blogs because mine is not. I noticed your blog while I was visiting the Smoky Mountain Café. I just love rice and beans and your recipe that you posted a few months ago looks delish! I hope to stop by again!

Dawn
A Place for Pictures and Memories
Joanne said…
He's such a cutie!!!