Lemon Baked Tofu

This is a recipe that I can make over and over again.  I've made this twice since I took these pics and there is always plenty of leftovers for me.  Of course no one here wants to even try it. All I can say is they don't know what they are missing. Seriously, this is REALY good.  I read a review on this and the comment was that it tasted like chicken picatta...and it does!  So if you have never had tofu and are thinking about perhaps giving it a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Just wanted you to also know that right here in the state of Virginia we are having summer all over again!  But without the humidity and the nights are in fact quite cool.  Ah, this would be perfect weather year round.

If any of you reading this are from the DC/Northern Virginia area, did any of you go to the DC VegFest?  I wanted to but of course other things got in the way. Like heart flutters and ending up in the ER!  All is well for right now however, and my doctor doesn't think it was anything serious.....but....i did miss the DC VegFest and had been looking so forward to it. Ugh!

You can find the original recipe for this dish here.

Lemon Baked Tofu

2 blocks firm or extra firm tofu, well pressed
2 Tbs soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Slice your pressed tofu into 1/2 inch thick strips. I love to cut mine diagonally.  Just cut each strip into 2 squares and then cut each square diagonally from corner to corner.
Whisk all ingredients together except for tofu and place in shallow pan or zip-lock bag.  Add tofu, making sure to coat well.
Allow tofu to marinate at least one hour- the longer the better.  I marinated mine about 6 hours.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for about 25 minutes.
Transfer tofu and marinade to baking dish.
Make sure to turn tofu halfway through cooking time.  (Mine probably cooked for about 30 - 35 minutes.)

You can serve this with a salad, potatoes or rice.  It is really delicious over rice.



Comments

Joanne said…
I hope you're doing okay girl!! I don't like to hear of you in the ER...

Mmmm I love tofu. Can't understand why other people won't give it a chance!
Pam said…
Bummer you missed it but I am glad to hear you are okay!!

The baked tofu looks really delicious.
Fantastic use of tofu! Never heard of baking tofu recipes until now!