Butternut Squash with Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese and Thyme

I wanted to prepare something really quick the other night for dinner and found a large bag of butternut squash ravioli in the freezer. Well that's all well and good I thought to myself but what kind of sauce would I use on this?  Tomato....no. That didn't appeal to me. Luckily on the back of the bag was a great little sauce that you literally prepare in 5 seconds. No kidding!!!  Needless to say, I'm picking up another bag of this and making the sauce again and again.  It turned out so good that I just ate this for dinner. A whole plate of it. Not diet food but really who cares.  When it's this good (and it must be healthy with squash and olive oil) you just have to enjoy it. And eat a whole plate of it. My son did not like it so that was good - more for me.  My husband is not a big pasta lover (don't even go there) so it was ALL MINE!

One large bag (25 ounces) butternut squash ravioli
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
sprinkle with fresh thyme or dried (I had only dried on hand and it worked fine)

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain well.  Put into large pasta bowl and add all ingredients and mix well.  Enjoy!

Comments

Joanne said…
I have tons of butternut squash ravs in my fridge and really should use them up! What a great, simple, recipe!
teresa said…
that is a serious plate of goodness. i'm going to keep my eye out for some butternut squash!
Pam said…
Your husband and son missed out... it looks amazing to me!
Unknown said…
As much as I love a sauce that cooks for hours.. simplicity in sauce really is key most of the time. Sounds perfect!
Emily said…
Yum! I adore butternut (I almost wrote butterscotch!) squash ravioli. This looks great!
Blond Duck said…
They quit selling butternut squash here and all we have is spinach pasta. I miss it!
Reeni said…
I was going to buy some of these the other day! I wish I had now! Love this!