Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread

The picture of this bread does not do it justice at all.  To be honest, I have been so busy eating this bread that these are the last few slices I had left so I just had to get a picture of it before it was all gone.  It was too good not to post.  As soon as I have some very ripe bananas sitting around (which should be very soon) I am making this bread again. Easy + Tasty = Success!!!!  I found the recipe over at Pam's blog For the Love of Cooking. 

Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup of whole wheat flour (I omitted this and used all purpose only)

3/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (3 bananas)

2 eggs

1/3 cup low fat buttermilk

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Cooking spray

Additional chocolate chips, for topping (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.

Combine the flours, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.

In a separate bowl, beat the sugars and oil with a mixer until creamy and smooth. Add the mashed banana, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla then beat until blended. Gently fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture and mix batter until just combined.

Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth (cook for a few more seconds if it's not completely melted).

Add 1 cup batter to the chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan, alternating between plain batter and chocolate batter. Swirl batters together using a knife. Place additional chocolate chips on top, if desired.

Bake for 70 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.





Comments

StephenC said…
I wonder how many of our fellow bloggers have anything other than AP flour in the pantry. Maybe cake flour if they are bakers. I'm with you, just go with what you have. It's the true measure of an accomplished cook.
teresa said…
haha, i've often eaten things too quickly to take a picture. this looks awesome!
Joanne said…
The only thing better than banana bread...is banana bread with chocolate. This sounds great!
Pam said…
I am so glad you liked it! Thanks for the shout out & link back to my site.
Unknown said…
Oh yes, I remember this post from Pam's site... thanks for that memory.. I need to make this soon!!!