Copycat Recipe - Chipotle Rice

For about 2 years now, on Thursday nights, my son and I meet up with a girlfriend of mine and her daughters.  Our meeting place is Chipotle's.  We all LOVE Chipotle.  Especially their rice.  My son would be very happy to just have a huge bowl of it by itself.  I have been meaning for the longest time to try and make it at home and I've finally gotten around to it.

This tastes very close to the original made at Chipotle's.......I made 2 batches of it last night.  My son is snacking on the second batch of it right now.  It's super easy to make.  My only surprise came when I went to purchase the Basmati rice.....I've never bought that rice before and had no clue as to how expensive it was compared to the usual long grain rice.  Quite a bit more but worth every penny.....

1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter

2 teaspoon fresh cilantro coarsely chopped

2/3 cup white basmati rice

1 cup water

1/2 teaspoon salt (Kosher works best)

1 Lime

Instructions

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about  20 - 25 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Before serving stir in cilantro.

Recipe courtesty of Copycat Recipes.



Comments

StephenC said…
Nice thing to make. Thanks.
teresa said…
i'm a big chipotle fan too, i get their carnitas salad, everytime, extra guac :) i love that i can make their rice at home now, YUM!
Debbie, my family of rice lovers will certainly devour this in a flash. I can't wait to "copycat" it from you!
Zoe said…
I have tried eating rice in the form of chipotle rice... will "copycat" too :D

Nice to know thru blogging. I visited NYC once and love the city for its culture. I'll like to be connected to the city through food and happy to "stalk" you via your cooking and baking. LOL! Here I am being your latest follower :D
Joanne said…
Mmm I love chipotle also and I especially love the idea of being able to make their rice at home!
Blond Duck said…
Good rice is hard to find! I'll try this!
Gina said…
Hi Debbie, I love that rice too. I like the burrito bowl and I may have to try one at home with this rice.
-Gina-
Unknown said…
Hi Debbie,
I love rice, too, but now I will add the cilantro and lime. Thank you for stopping by my blog, and your sweet comments.
Leslie said…
What an easy and tasty little side dish!!!!