Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

This post should come with a warning stating "eat at your own risk."  One cookie is too many and 1,000 are not enough.  If that isn't bad enough these are super easy to make. I found these over at My Inner Chick.  Kim is one fantastic writer and her blog has brought me to tears more than once.  I have made these 4 times since she posted the recipe back in March.  I made two batches with the devil's food cake mix, a third using a yellow cake mix and the fourth using a chocolate fudge mix. The devil's food was the best in my opinion but my son loved the batch made with the yellow cake mix.  I used the toffee with the devil's food mix but omitted it when I made the yellow cake mix.  Oh they just don't last!  I'm sure I will be making them again this week......

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup toffee pieces
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix together and roll into tablespoon balls.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 12 - 15 minutes.

Comments

Unknown said…
YUM!! Chocolate chip and toffee?? Sign me up!! I love making cookies with cake mixes. It's simple and they come out so incredibly good.
Joanne said…
I like to live on the edge...totally making these.
momto8 said…
your kidding? a cake mix!! I have been doing this all wrong!! thank you!!! I hope mine look like yours!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
teresa said…
oh wow, these look fantastic!
susan said…
This is such a simple recipe. I usually prepare hampers for special occassions like fathers day chocolate hamper, birthday special hampers etc. The hamper contains both cookies and chocolates. I think this will be a good addition to my list.
Pam said…
Mmmm. They loo wonderful & decadent.

Debbie, You won my apron giveaway!

http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2012/04/avocado-and-butter-leaf-salad-with-a-tangy-mustard-garlic-vinaigrette.html

Check out the Spicy Apron site, pick the apron of your choice, then e-mail me the information as well as your mailing address so the apron can be sent to you. Congratulations!!!

Pam
Ola said…
it's like with chocolate - one says I will have just a bit and a whole bar disappears somehow:)
Coleens Recipes said…
Chocolate is my downfall!! Ha, ha, that's ok, I've learned to "go with it".