Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

Here's a really easy cookie recipe for someone who wants a great cookie but wants to keep it simple.  This is what's called a "starter" recipe.  It starts with a mix and you simply add to it.  My husband made these the other evening and they were gone in no time at all.  I really have to start watching how much in the sweets department I eat. I have a major sweet tooth and lately have been indulging way too much. It doesn't look like it's going to get any better either over the next month with Christmas coming up!  I'm already starting a list of Christmas cookies I want to bake and the list is growing by the day!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softenend
1 egg
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
red or green sugar, if desired

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms.

Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.  Spoon about  1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are ligh golden brown.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on High 1 or 2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.  Spoon melted chips into small resealable plastic bag; cut small hole in corner of bag.  Squeeze bag gently to drizzle melted chips over cookies.  Sprinkle with colored sugar, if desired.

Comments

Lara said…
These cookies are just gorgeous!
They look so good; wish I had a few to go with my coffee!
Love thumbprint cookies especially around holiday time.
I like this recipe simple and delicious. These cookies look yummy!
Joanne said…
I need to keep my sweet tooth in check also and you are NOT helping with these! They look great!
What attractive cookies? If you have a moment, would you link these at Bake With Bizzy?
http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/12/bake-with-bizzy-mexican-chocolate.html
teresa said…
oh yum! i love thumbprint cookies, delicious!
The Blonde Duck said…
I've always wanted to make them!
Unknown said…
I love thumbprint cookies and raspberry are my favorite!