Chocolate Banana Bread



It's been spring break here and we've been having a blast! We did end up going to Kings Dominion for my son's 12th birthday but the park closed early due to rain so we were all given rain tickets! It worked out great. Even though the park closed early (4:30) we were still able to go on all the rides with no lines. That means my son and his friend rode all the coasters several times with NO waiting! Wow....my friend Mike who joins us every year rode the Intimidator a total of either 8 or 9 times in a row. This is a 305 foot roller coaster with a 300 foot DROP!!! If I went on I'd never make it to the bottom....I'd have passed out on the way up! My son and his friend went on this several times and even sat front row during one of those times! When we went back again earlier this week the weather was beautiful but of course there were lines this time. We stood until closing and had another great day!



This recipe is a winner! I love all things banana bread and found this on one of my favorite sites Coleen's Recipes. I probably visit her site and copy her recipes more than anyone elses. They are just all so good! Thank you again Coleen for another terrific recipe! This bread is a banana and chocolate lover's dream. You have to add the chips...they just put it over the top! This was gone in no time and is also perfect to have with ice cream. My husband is the ice cream maker here and he has made several flavors in the past few weeks which I will be posting soon. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter and is enjoying spring break if you have children!!!!



1 1/4 cup mashed bananas

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup baking cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips



Beat all wet ingredients and sugar together until well combined and smooth. Beat in dry ingredients just until combined, then stir in nuts and chocolate chips.


Bake in greased 8 x 4 in (I used 9 x 5 in) loaf pan in preheated 350F degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and immediately wrap hot bread in plastic wrap and cool.

Comments

Cassie said…
I'm glad you had a good time at the amusement park -- it sounds like so much fun! And the bread looks amazing -- it sounds like cake masquerading as bread, LOL!

Happy Easter to your family!
Tammy said…
sounds like you had a great time...I have nieces that lives in Portsmouth and they always talk about the amusement park! They just got season tickets and want us to come join them!KS doesn't have anything close..worlds of fun in KC, but it still doesn't compare and it is 5hours from me! I love Colleens blog too, this bread sounds perfect, thanks for sharing!
Coleens Recipes said…
I'm so glad you liked the chocolte banana bread, it is one of MY favorites and you are right, the chocolate chips are a MUST.
teresa said…
mmmm, chocolate and bananas are such a great combo, this looks amazing.
This banana bread looks fabulous! Chips? Yes, of course!
Anonymous said…
Your chocolate banana bread looks so tempting & apart too, dear Debbie!


MMMMM,...I wish you & your family a Happy Easter,....:)
Leslie said…
Rain tickets...sweet!!! Love the banana bread! Nothing better than chocolate and banana!
Monica H said…
No lines at an amusement park? That's awesome! If nothing else, you got your money's worth :-)

Can't wait to see the ice cream.

Happy Easter to you too!
The Blonde Duck said…
I'm glad you had a good Spring break!
lali said…
this bread is awsome!!!!!!
i´ve done it twice, and i´m going to make it this afternoon again.
thanks for the recipe.