Creamy Pesto Chicken & Bow Ties


This dish is total comfort food. It comes from Campbell's Kitchen so that alone will tell you that it is easy and delicious. And very, very kid friendly! My son loved it and was so glad when I served it again as leftovers the following night. My husband made this dinner and used a bit more chicken than the recipe called for. I believe he used about 6 breasts instead of 4. This is the type of recipe you can play with and add your own extra ingredients to. It would probably be great with some red or yellow peppers added in or even some broccoli. I'm sure we will make this again. It's tasty, easy and goes a long way.

I've been doing some fall and winter shopping lately and love some of the new clothes out there. I love shopping for clothes although lots of times I find they look better on the hanger or mannequin than on me! I saw some skinny jeans that look like they would be fun to wear and would go great with boots. My son wears them.....all the "skaters" seem too, so I'm told. Anyhow these pants would look great with boots. I need some new boots too. I want ones this year with heels. For many years I would NOT wear any heel at all. It had to be like 1/2 inch or less because I'm tall to begin with - almost 5'8". Well this summer I finally said the hell with that - I love heels, love shoes so I am now wearing EXACTLY what I want! It has taken a long, long time to get over this height thing. I saw on Facebook recently a motto someone posted and I am literally taking its advice...."Life is short - so wear high heels!" Love it!!!!!!

2 tablespoons butter

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts ( about 1 pound) cut into cubes

1 can (10 3/4 ounce) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (regular or 98% fat free)

1/2 cup pesto sauce

1/2 cup milk

Heat butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.

Stir the soup, pesto sauce and milk in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in the pasta and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
My husband put this into a casserole dish at this point and sprinkled some Mexican Blend cheese over the top and baked it for about 15 minutes at 350F......

Comments

Monica H said…
This does look very comforting. I'd gladly eat the leftovers too.
Cassie said…
This looks delicious -- so creamy and comforting! I'll be trying this one for sure Debbie!
Donna-FFW said…
HEELS ARE A MUST.. They make you feel good and make the hubby randy;)

Dish indeed looks comforting! Creamy and delicious!
Desi said…
my problem isn't that I don't want to walk in heels but that I'm no good at it! :(

and I was wondering, what do you mean by pesto sauce? Do they sell it in jars already made? sorry I haven't really bought pesto but I do like it and would love to try this recipe!
Katy ~ said…
I love the Campbells recipes as well, and this looks like it would make my tummy smile!

Being short, I have always admired a tall woman. Tall women look so regal and stately. Glad you're going for the heels.
Catherine said…
Oooh looks delish!!
You have a lovely blog here!
Cheers~
Pam said…
It looks and sounds so creamy and flavorful! YUM.
Chef Fresco said…
This is the perfect comfort meal! My husband always adds extra meat to dishes too. =)