Orecchietta Pasta with Mini Chicken Meatballs


Well the first day of middle school in this house went well! My son says he likes it and loves the fact that he has male teachers and not just women anymore! I can totally relate since I went to a Catholic elementary school that had mostly nuns! I'm just hoping the enthusiasm lasts all year and not just the first week or so. We'll see. Football tryouts are this Thursday and he wants to give that a try. I'm all for trying new things and try to encourage as much as I can. I also saw the calender for the year and there are lots of school dances. Remember those? I think some of them I would rather forget! Between my cousin and I crying if no one asked us to dance, all I can remember is a lot of drama! Oh, I don't miss those days at all.

Here is a recipe that my daughter in law introduced me to. She made this a while back and after I tasted it I knew I had to have it again. It is really good. It's from Giada DeLaurentiis and just click here for it. It did not last long here at all. Everyone loved it and I consider it very kid friendly. The meatballs are to die for! I'd never had chicken ones before and they are absolutely delicious. I think I might try another pasta shape though, maybe corkscrews next time. I could only find orecchietta under one brand and it was double the price of all the other pastas. This dish should work well with any pasta.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Orchetta is my favorite shape of Pasta, I am definately trying this!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Glad to hear your son had a good first day!

I've never seen that shape at my grocery store. DOes it taste any different? I'm off to check out the link. Thanks for passing it along!
~ingrid
Unknown said…
I've found the same issue with orecchietta out here, very expensive, but worth it I believe. Then again, you could always switch out with a different pasta, right? I've seen this recipe before...now I really need to try it!!
Unknown said…
By the way Deb, I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I click on the link it's not showing up.
ann low said…
That's a cute shape, hope I can find this in Singapore.
Julie said…
Sounds and looks delicious! I'm glad school is going well :)
I love orecchietta (probably because of the cuteness factor...lol

Great looking dish!
Joanne said…
I love mini meatballs! Something about them makes them taste SO much better than regular meatballs, at least in my opinion.

I remember the days of crying at school dances. Not fun.

Good luck to your sun with the football tryouts! I'm glad he's enjoying school so far!
Kerstin said…
Mini meatballs make everything better - looks tasty!