Peanut Butter Cup Pie




Another week has just flown by. Is it really August already? What happened to July??? I've been having some work done at my house down in Richmond so I have been up and down I95 so much lately I think I could drive this with my eyes closed! I had the bedrooms down here painted and had new carpeting put in my bedroom and what a difference these things can make. My room looks like a bedroom in a new house! It is so much fun to decorate. I had to buy a new bed too since when my son and I went to move my old bed before the painter came it just collapsed! I bought a metal bed that looks so nice. Of course I had to buy a new comforter set also.....any excuse to buy something new!


This week is also the Prince William County Fair here in Virginia so I plan on entering some baked goods. The first time I ever entered anything I ended up with First Place for banana bread so I am going to give it another try. It's a lot of fun. I love checking out all the baked goods that are entered. Wish I could be a taste tester!


Here is a really easy and delicious recipe for a frozen pie that is perfect for this time of year. No turning on the oven and heating up the house. I found this at Jenn's Food Journey and she has many other great recipes that I will have to try. Give her blog a visit and you won't be disappointed.


1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanut butter cups, divided (Make sure these are chilled before you chop them up)
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.

Remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Garnish with the remaining peanut butter cups.

6-8 servings

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to hear the bedrooms look like bedrooms again!! YAY! Wasn't that pie just wonderful...and simple simple?? YUM! Have a great day!
Justin said…
that's a slice of heaven... i love the candy right on top too
Lucie said…
Sounds and looks totally addictive!!
Joanne said…
I was all set to be good this week and go on a diet of sorts...and now this. You kill me! :P
Ingrid_3Bs said…
That's cool that you won first place! Good luck.

Our house needs some sprucing up.
~ingrid
teresa said…
LOVE the pie! i wish the summer would slow down too!
Julie said…
This pie is calling out to me...loudly!
Kerstin said…
Oh wow, my mouth is watering because this looks amazing! Good luck at the fair!
Diana's Cocina said…
I'm ready for our summer to slow down. Now this pie looks yummy, love it!
Cassie said…
This pie looks so incredibly dangerous. If I made this it would be nearly impossible for me not to eat the entire thing!!!
Jennifer said…
So glad to see you! I love redecorating! I am making this pie, can't wait!
Monica H said…
Best of luck in the county fair- what are you going to submit?

This pie looks great. i love that you don't have to heat up the kitchen to make it.
megan said…
oh wow, you had me at the name of this post. It looks incredible
La Bella Cooks said…
This would totally blow my diet but it would be so worth it!
Pam said…
This looks delicious and what a great dessert!
The Blonde Duck said…
That looks amazingly good!
Reeni said…
That is heavenly looking! And such a perfect summer treat!
Pam said…
My kids would be thrilled if I made this for them!
This pie looks terrific and I know, I should not make it but will I have the willpower?

I could save it for my grandchildren. They will love this. Thanks.