Spicy Shrimp, Sausage and Spinach Fettuccine


I'm back from the beach and ready for the new year to begin. I haven't really even cooked anything yet! I have some recipes that I made at the end of last year and I will post of one them now. This is a really good one. I love pasta with almost anything and it's even better when there is shrimp involved. I found this over at Dinners for a Year and Beyond. This recipe was listed as one of her top ones of the year and I certainly agree. It is delicious. The spinach is perfect with this and the corn is a really nice touch. I hope all you pasta lovers out there try this because you will love it. It's also very easy and that is always a plus.

1 pound fettuccine
olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 links of hot Italian sausage, removed from casing, about 1/4 pound
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/4 pounds of large shrimp (21-25/pound), peeled and deveined
4 large handfuls of baby spinach, about 4 cups loosely packed
1 cup corn
1/2 cup pasta water
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
salt
pepper

Cook fettuccine in a large pot of water according to package directions.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Set aside.

While the pasta cooks, heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add the sausage
in small pieces and the garlic and cook until the sausage is cooked and browned.

Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until lightly wilted. Add corn and pasta water to saute pan and scrape up any bits cooked on to the bottom of the pan. Add pasta and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve with extra cheese.

Comments

Leslie said…
I adore shrimp..now if I could only get my husband to like it!!!
Mary Bergfeld said…
Debbie, this really sounds delicious. I hope you had a fabulous getaway. Happy New Year.
That does look yummy!
Happy New Year!
megan said…
I love pasta and shrimp together! It's one of my favorite combinations. My husband is always trying to get me to cook shrimp, but for some reason it makes me nervous!
Donna-FFW said…
This sounds like a most delicious dish Debbie. I would love it. Shrimp, pasta, spinach, one dish meal, perfect.
Jenn said…
Welcome back and Happy New year!!!

Good looking pasta dish you got going on here. It's definitely for some of my favorite ingredients.
Pamela said…
It looks so good! Love shrimp pretty much anyway it's served.
noble pig said…
Oh this looks delightful!!
Emily said…
Mmm this is my kind of dinner. :) Welcome back from the beach!
Monica H said…
Leave out that corn and I'd be all over this. yum!
teresa said…
oh wow, i love this dish! it has all of my favorites in there, delish!
Cassie said…
Oh man, Debbie, that looks AMAZING. I would totally add some cream to it to make it even more decadent. YUM!
Shrimp, sausage, and pasta? How could I say no? This looks wonderful!
La Bella Cooks said…
Now this is my kind of comfort meal. Full of flavor! I hope you had a wonderful holiday.
Ingrid_3Bs said…
This is right up our alley. I thinkit will be one that ALL three of the kiddos enjoy. Thanks & welcome back!
~ingrid
Joanne said…
The best thing about all of these "Best Of..." round-ups is that we now get to eat all this great food! This recipe sounds and looks fantastic.
Hey Debbie... Thanks for finding me, and love your site... That egg nog pound cake a few posts below... too bad I am in moderation (I don't diet) mode right now.

And I am loving this... I just made a shrimp dish, but i am saving this to make soon... I promised my wife one seafood meal a week...

I am wondering... how did you find me? were you following from another blogger, or search engine... or luck?

Dave
I have a seafood allergy so no shrimp for me, but this looks like it would even be excellent without it.
Jennifer said…
That looks delish as does the grits pie, I am a huge fan of grits!
Pam said…
This dish looks excellent - it would be a huge hit in my house.
I'd love this for lunch, do you have any leftover?

Happy New Year, hope you had a fantastic getaway!
Katy ~ said…
Now, Daaaah-ling, you just know that once again you have captured my heart. Oh, this looks good!!
Dharm said…
this looks just delicious! I love anything with prawns (shrimp) in it and what could be better than mixing it with sausage!