Picture Post #1




Cate over at Sweetnicks has given me a great idea. She is posting a picture every day on her blog. Not just of her recipes but from her life and what's going on. I think it's such a good idea that I've decided to have a picture post once a week. I think it will be fun. I know that I really enjoy when other bloggers post pictures from their vacations, holidays, etc. I especially love seeing pictures on blogs that I visit often. Even though the internet is a virtual world, it kind of gives the feeling that you know that person, at least a little bit!

I've tried moving these pictures around a bit but no luck. I wanted to post captions under them but as usual, I'm having a problem doing that. Anyhow, one of the pictures is of my youngest son opening his Christmas gifts at his grandma's house with his cousin, the other one is me with my precious little granddaughter Farah (aka Butterball) and the other picture is of my stepdad being a real sport. Zach decided to make him a balloon "hat" and he was a real sport by letting me take his picture with the hat on!!!!! Hope you enjoy them! I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe!!!

Comments

noble pig said…
I know what you mean. It's kind of why I started doing weekend recaps...it's fun to see what everyone is doing.
Jennifer said…
I adore photos from my fellow bloggers and I just cannot get over the fact you are a grannie! You look sooo young. p.s. your dad is a cutie
Amanda said…
I love the pictures Debbie! I don't post very many of my family, but have thought about doing a weekend post like that. But lately I'm just working too much, I haven't even posted any recipes :(
Donna-FFW said…
I love seeing your photos Debbie. They are just lovely. You look fantastic!! I enjoy seeeing those I visit frequently also!
Monica H said…
I love picture posts. Lets us get a better view into your world :-)
La Bella Cooks said…
I love all the pics! Your granddaughter is just darling and I so miss the baby stage. This is a great idea and I look forward to your future picture posts.
I agree! I love to see pictures at the blogs I visit. It help get to know them better! Great idea, I can't wait to see next weeks!
Mary Bergfeld said…
I love the pictures. It helps us get to know you better. You don't look like a grandmother!
I think it's a great idea to share yourself and your family with your readers.

I just want to pinch your grandaughter's cheeks!!!
Nutmeg Nanny said…
What a great idea:) I love sharing pictures with my readers. I feel the need to let them know whats going on in my life...haha. That baby is adorable too. Love that chubby little face :)
Pam said…
I love seeing pictures too. Little Farah is too cute for words.
Joanne said…
I love seeing pictures from other bloggers' real lives. It makes me feel like I actually know them as much as I think I do. Your granddaughter and son are adorable!
teresa said…
how fun! i love getting a glimpse into other bloggers lives. great idea, you're so pretty!
Great pictures... I agree about blogs that make life personal...

AND, try "PICASA 3"... Google it and you will be able to downloud it free. It is a convenient program to add captions, make collages, mozaics, etc.

it is a google product, so it is easy to use with BLOGGER
Reeni said…
It's nice to see your family! And your precious granddaughter!
Katy ~ said…
Those pix make me smile out loud! I think I need a balloon hat... to go with my work outfit when I have to go into the office! LOVE IT!

I see several blogs I follow now posting more family pix, and one in particular has a separate photo journal of sorts. I keep meaning to be more disciplined about updating "my other blog" but but life is sooo dull, grins. Well, I do intend to get on this photo wagon. It's just so nice to see our friends!