Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


This is one of those recipes that I made a while back and never got around to posting. Don't know why it's taken me this long to post it because these cookies are really good! Kids will love them and they are easy to make. I found the recipe over at Cate's blog called Sweetnicks. She has some great recipes on her site and her kids are just adorable.


The past few days I am trying to use up lots of stuff that I have in my pantry. Cans of pumpkin, jars of jams, you name it. I have a habit of buying things for a specific recipe and then if I don't make that recipe right away another one will interest me and there sit the ingredients that I bought for the original one I had in mind! So I am trying to use up what I have on hand. Hope you enjoy these cookies!


1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons milk

40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter bups, unwrapped


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

Comments

Angie's Recipes said…
These peanut butter tarts (cookies?) look fabulous.
I've always wanted to make these but for some reason I never have. I need to get busy!
Reese's cups... of course! they look great, my favorite candy bar, so these would be perfect!
George Gaston said…
Debbie, even as an adult, I love peanut butter. So I will definitely put this recipe on file. Because of their ease and great use of peanut butter. Thanks... and keep posting wonderful treats that this.
Anonymous said…
This is one I want to copy. I love peanut butter and the idea of the little cup filled with goodness appeals to me.
noble pig said…
Little bites of heaven.
Mary Bergfeld said…
These sound like morsels for the gods. Heavenly!
Justin said…
now that you mention using stuff up, i seem to have a lot of peanut butter in the house right now!
Joanne said…
I do the exact same thing with ingredients! Maybe that's why I have about twenty bags of nuts sitting around my apartment. Reese's are my favorite candy! Love these cookies.
Sook said…
The peanut butter cup cookies look delicious! I love creating dessert cookies using peanut butter.
Jenn said…
Yum!! I just had a peanut butter cookie to snack on, but it wasn't in a cup form, nor did it have some peanut butter gooeyness in the center.
teresa said…
oh those look SO good! i could go for one, or five about now!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
I make these but cheat and use pillsbury's ready made pb dough. :) Good for you making your own dough!
~ingrid
Katy ~ said…
I have to laugh; I'm the same way with ingredients I buy. I now have 2 pomegranates and wonder what I'm going to do with them LOL

I have got to make these. Ole Sweetie-Pi eats peanut butter straight from the jar; I know he'd love these.
Donna-FFW said…
One of my favorite types of cookies. They look so pretty too!!
I make these with chocolate chip cookie dough and they're always a big hit. But your post reminds me that I forgot to make them for the holidays this year!
Reeni said…
My cupboards are overflowing! Some day I'll get to all those recipes. These look excellent!
Coleens Recipes said…
Great cookie, always a hit!! They are BEST while the candy is still semi-liquid hahahaha.
Dewi said…
Peanut butter cup cookies always a hit, especially among the children, don't they? Yours look divine Debbi!
Dharm said…
This looks great! My little girl loves Peanut Butter and I'm sure she'd love these. Can I send her over for some?!!
Barbara said…
Love your little cups of heaven. What could be better than a tart filled with Reese's???

(Save a couple cans of pumpkin for next September and October when you will want to make a couple pumpkin things and you won't be able to find it in the market. At least that's what happened around here.)
Those do look yummy and what a cookie! I'm trying o do the same thing by cleaning out my pantry.
Your's are so cute! I made these once and they weren't nearly as pretty as yours.
oh yummy if I can make bread so can you email if you need help lol Rebecca
Cheah said…
These look great, can they be termed as tarts, or cup cakes as well? Whatever it is, they sure look yummy!
MaryMoh said…
Mmmm....pretty and delicious. My friends are going to be thrilled if I make these for them.
Nutmeg Nannny said…
Mmmmm peanut butter cookies with reeses cups...I'm in!
Monica H said…
Never been a big fan of the PB cup but I could eat all that cookie dough!
Cathy said…
You're so smart to go through your cupboards and use what you have, Debbie, especially after the holidays. My project this week is to go through mine and toss everything with an expired date and make some of those recipes that got pushed aside.

These cookies look so delish.
Manggy said…
I'm sitting here wondering too, cos I would've posted these the second after I tried one (just kidding :) They do look fantastic!
Oh, I'm just the same way. My cupboards are filled with ingredients I bought for a specific recipe, didn't get around to making it, and now can't remember what recipe it was.

The cookies look like the perfect way to use up mini reese's. Yum!
The Blonde Duck said…
Good for kids = good for the Pond! :)
Jen_from_NJ said…
These look delicious! My husband loves peanut butter cups - I'm sure that he'd love them as much as kids would!