Individual Raspberry Cobblers


Is it hot enough yet for anyone who lives in the state of Virgina? We have had several days in the upper 90's with the humidity to match. Whew....is it ever warm here! My youngest son who has asthma always seems to get sick when the weather suddenly warms up or cools down and right now is no different. His allergies are acting up and I just hope I don't hear coughing tonight because then I know his asthma is acting up too. I'm just glad that it seems the older he is getting the less these symptoms occur. He only gets flare ups maybe 2 times a year where he has to take steroids. This is one childhood illness that does get better as they get older.

I was not going to post this recipe since I don't have a picture of the finished product!!! But then I remembered why I didn't.....they were sooo good and were eaten before I could even get a picture!!! I found the recipe at The Pioneer Woman Cooks ! I've found so many good recipes at her site and I'm sure most of your are familiar with her. These were fantastic. For a photo of the finished cobbler just click on the link and you can see it. Mine didn't look quite like hers. Mine looked more like a small muffin. But much tastier than any muffin I ever made. Ree says to serve these warm with ice cream or whipped cream and I'm sure that would be really good, but they are just plain terrific on their own too. I highly recommend trying these. You can also try different berries for variety. I like how they looked and tasted with raspberries....really good!

2 cups self rising flour - MUST use self rising flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
2 sticks butter (there go my bathing suit thighs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Extra sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour with sugar, then whisk in milk. Whisk in melted butter and vanilla. Pour 1/4 cup batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle a few raspberries on top. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp around edges. Invert onto cooling rack and serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Debbie those look so yummy, I wonder if they would work with cherries? I have a bunch of them to use up!
Katy ~ said…
The minute I saw the word raspberries, I hustled right on over here. I'll bet these were so good! Will be putting these my ever expanding to-make list!! Grins.
Denise said…
These look amazing. I saw them over at ree's blog. Yours look so delish!
Monica H said…
I saw these on her blog and they looked so good! No wonder they didn't last!
Jenn said…
Since you maded individual cobblers. Pass two of them towards my direction, please. ;-)
Kerstin said…
What cute little cobblers, they look really good! Hope your son feels better soon!
These look great Debbie and I can understand why you didn't get pictures of the finished product! Raspberries are fantastic.

Hope your son doesn't have an allergy/asthma flare up.
Melody said…
Fun idea! Nice too, because you can individualize the fruits. Love this idea!
Barbara Bakes said…
I've never made little individual cobblers. Sounds like a wonderful idea!
Pam said…
With two sticks of butter you know this was delicioud. I love raspberry cobbler.
Nutmeg Nanny said…
I bet these were amazing! I like the fact that they are small. Sometimes I find making a big cobbler does not work for just my boyfriend and I. Great post...yum!
Donna-FFW said…
Delicious Debbie. They sound perfect. Bathing suit thighs.. too funny.
The Blonde Duck said…
You know I adore anything mini and individual...:) I don't share.
Juliana said…
These cobblers look so yummie...love raspberries recipes...nice pictures as well!
Mary Bergfeld said…
These sound and look perfect, Debbie.
I adore raspberries.
She-Fit said…
Raspberries + Cobbler = heaven on earth! YUM
Amanda said…
Well even uncooked they look tantalizing! I bet they were absolutely delish! I agree, Pioneer Woman rocks :)
Reeni said…
These look so delicious - especially with fresh raspberries on top!!
Pamela said…
I love individual anything! I saw this over on PW's sight and it sounded fabulous. Glad you guys enjoyed it! Hope your son is feeling okay!
figtree said…
My very own cobbler? Im so excited..I look forward to trying these. Figtreeapps
Anonymous said…
Individual raspberry cobblers sound really good! I would have mine a la mode to cool down :) It has been awfully hot here, my daughter's allergies and asthma are also acting up now, although last night she didn't cough too much so hopefully it's getting better.
NKP said…
Mmm, raspberry cobbler sounds wonderful!
I had to get air conditioning because of my son's asthma - now I couldn't live without it.
Hope he is feeling better.
Anonymous said…
I've loved almost every PW recipe I've ever done from her site.

These look great, even if we didn't get a peak of the finished product!
Spryte said…
Those look awesome!!!
This is a great idea although most of your recipes look like I would want to make and EAT them.

The ones that do not fit in the above category, I have not had a chance to look at yet.
I love anything that comes in individual sizes (not that it stops me from eating too many)!