White Chip Raspberry Bars


These bars are great! I found them over at Cookie Madness. Anna has wonderful recipes for all kinds of cookies, bars, cakes, etc. I've been following her site for about a year now and am amazed at all the wonderful and creative cookies she makes. I made these last week and they were gone pretty quick. I followed her recipe exactly...didn't need any changes. Anna also states that you can used any jam you would like in these bars. I, personally, think the raspberry is perfect. My husband loved these but my youngest son passed on these since he's not a big fan of jam filled cookies or bars. Oh well, more for me!

1 stick salted butter
1 12 oz. package of white morsels
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square metal pan with foil and sray the foil with cooking spray. Melt butter in a medium microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Add 1 cups morsels; do not stir, let stand. Beat eggs in mixing bowl until foamy. Add sugar and beat about 5 minutes until lemon colored. Stir in morsel mixture, lemon zest and almond extract. Add flour and salt. Mix until combined. Spread 2/3 batter on pan and bake 15-17 minutes.

Remove from oven to wire rack. Heat jam in microwave 30 seconds; stir. Spread over warm crust, stir remaining morsels into batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto jam. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack and cut into bars.

Comments

Pearl said…
oh debbie those bars look like a crowd-pleaser!
Katy ~ said…
Can't say no to raspberry jam filled cookies! These look positively splendid!
Jenn said…
Those looks delicious!!! I love that you used raspberry jam. yummy!!
Reeni said…
White chocolate and raspberries are a divine match! These are a nice treat!
Donna-FFW said…
Love the combination of white chips and raspberry. These look fantastic..
Kerstin said…
Yum - what a great flavor combo! Anna always has the best recipes on her blog :)
Pamela said…
YUM! I want some of these ASAP!
Manggy said…
Oh nooooo! We've got to rehabilitate your son quick, he's really missing out! I mean, how can you pass up on such delicious looking bars? :)
I just love raspberry and chocolate together. These bars look wonderful.
teresa said…
I love rasperry and white chocolate too, what a tasty cookie!
Pam said…
I am so excited - I think I have all the ingredients. Looks great.
noble pig said…
White chocolate and raspberry are one of the most superior tastes I have found. Very nice!
The Blonde Duck said…
And more for me too! :)

And the cookie-stealing bunny!
Judy said…
I'm a total nut for anything with raspberry/almond flavor. These look wonderful!
Sara said…
These look delicious! I just had some raspberry ice cream, so I'm in a raspberry kind of mood :)
Kana said…
I have a potluck coming up - this would make everyone happy.
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Mmmm, I know two people that would love those! Me and my mom! I'm thinking these would be a wonderful treat to make her for mother's day. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Btw, doea Paula know? Ha-ha!
~ingrid
Spryte said…
These are right up my alley!!

I've saved it to delicious and will be making them soon!
Spryte said…
The original recipe calls for eggs... did you leave them out... or is that just a typo?