Pancakes


This is basically a very simple pancake recipe. I love pancakes. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In fact, I had them for dinner last night! My son requested pancakes so how could I resist. A great excuse for an easy dinner. I only wonder how many calories they have. Oh well, they were delicious. When my husband saw me taking pictures of the pancakes he said "You're going to put them on your blog?" I told him sure, why not? I feel that food blogs are mainly about cooking all different types of food. I know I have gone on other blogs looking at times for the simplest of recipes. And I've searched for pancake recipes too. My blog has many more baking recipes than cooking but that's because that is what I enjoy the most. I love baking cakes and cookies probably because that is what I enjoy eating the most!!

To be honest, I cannot remember where I found this recipe since I had it written on an index card. More than likely it came from Allrecipes. Enjoy and try to keep dry...it is STILL raining here!!!

1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all dry ingredients. Preheat electric skillet to 380 degrees F. Lightly oil skillet. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla to eggs. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to dampen (not too much). Adjust milk (if needed) so that it is thin enough to pour.

I pour approximately 2 or 3 tablespoons per pancake. This recipe will make approximately 9 medium size pancakes.

Comments

teresa said…
I really shouldn't read blogs in the morning before breakfast! These look marvelous!
Pam said…
Simple and perfect. Love it!
That's my perfect breakfast. I'llbe there tomorrow and even bring syrup!
Pearl said…
breakfast for dinner is always a hit!
Anonymous said…
Pancakes sound pretty good right now!
Katy ~ said…
We eat pancakes a couple times a month here, usually on a lazy Sunday. We never grow tired of them. Always a hit!
noble pig said…
Yum, pancakes..my favorite breakfast food and yours look spectacular.
Anonymous said…
It's still raining in virginia, too. I hate it! sun, sun, I miss thee!
darn, I just had breakfast, and I missed these pancakes! now I wanna have breakfast all over again!
The Blonde Duck said…
I totally need some pancakes now...
Ingrid_3Bs said…
I was thinking of doing breakfast for dinner last night, too. Your son and my one twin are of the same mind. He'll ask for pancakes as often as he can.
~ingrid
Reeni said…
These look yummy! Do you know I don't have a favorite basic recipe? I will have to try yours out. And I love breakfast for dinner, pancakes included!
Jenn said…
Nothing better than a stack or pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yum!!
Donna-FFW said…
The rain here in NJ has been going on for days upon days.. but it is bringing up all my perennials..

Your pancakes look delicious. Ill have to try your go to recipe.
Judy said…
I so miss pancakes. I used to make them a lot. Since I'm pre-diabetic now, I limit my carbs. So pancakes are just off-limits. Sob.
Jennifer said…
YUM we are breakfast fiends. Thanks for all your kind words by the way.
Bunny said…
I love pancakes, I just can't make them. Don't ask me what i do wrong, they just never turn out well!! I love yours!!