Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts


This recipe comes with a warning - you eat these at your own risk....They are highly addictive! My husband ate 5 last night and that was right AFTER dinner. He kept coming over with one each time he would have one and give me bites. I couldn't stop either. Really, they are that good. Paula Deen has prevailed once again! I'm telling you that woman has never let me down yet! The only thing odd about these is that while they are baking they look beautiful, all puffy and rounded over, but about 5 minutes after you take them out from the oven, the middle sinks! I don't know why or perhaps that is supposed to happen? Who knows. It doesn't matter since you add filling to the middle anyhow. I'm sure any filling would be fine but they really are good with the blueberry. I would imagine you can also use fresh berries if you would like with some whipped cream on top!

Is it raining by any of you? Oh has it been raining here. Days of it. We are expecting a bit of a break today but then it will start again tonight. Rain depresses me. I've had enough. We need some sunshine already. Hard to believe the pools here will start opening in only a few weeks. I'm ready for summer!!

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21 ounce) can blueberry filling, or other pie filling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.

Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at at time, beating well after each addition. Place vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with blueberry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG! I have to try these! They look absolutely delicious.
NKP said…
I love any dessert with cream cheese in it, mmmmm..
These are pure evil! We're having the same rain you are...I'm tired of it too.
ICook4Fun said…
I too love this kind of mini cheese tarts.
Donna-FFW said…
This dessert looks absolutely delicious and so simple. I may try it with cherry pie filling. They are so pretty too.
Amanda said…
Oooohhh my goodness! Those look wonderful!
Katy ~ said…
I used to make these by the dozens. You're absolutely right; these are fabulous!! Can't you just imagine them on a wonderful little dessert buffet, maybe both the blueberry and cherry? How wonderful for July 4th! It's been a while since I've had these; time to revisit this wonderful recipe again. Thank you so much for a delicious reminder!
Jamie said…
I always think the taste, texture and scent are all more important than the beauty of the thing (I am not the queen of beautiful looking desserts!). These sound wonderful!
Anonymous said…
holy cow! I can imagine just HOw addictive these must be! yuummm!
It's raining to beat the band here and it's depressing me, too. I think tarts with blueberries and cream cheese would cheer me up. These look fab!
teresa said…
Their so cute, and look SO yummy!
Pam said…
Could they be any more perfect? They look so tasty.
noble pig said…
This was one of my favorite desserts growing up. I usually use cherries but why not blueberries!
Pearl said…
ooh cream cheese makes anything delish!
Barbara Bakes said…
Such an easy but elegant looking dessert!
Jenn said…
Yummy!! I can't eat just one, I have to have a dozen.
Anonymous said…
Yum - I think I would eat at least 5 of those too! Delicious tarts!
Reeni said…
I would be popping those in my mouth all night long, too! Blueberry is my absolute favorite!
Selba said…
Wow! These blueberry cream cheese tarts look so delicious!
Ohhh, I can see how these would be addictive.
Coleens Recipes said…
These look delicous, but I will be in BIG trouble if I make them (wink). You see...they are small and portable and you don't have to "admit" you are eating yet another one by using telltale plates and forks. With these little beauties, all you have to deal with is a paper wrapper! Yum, yum.
Debbie said…
It has been raining in Northern Nevada too... a little bit. But it greens everything up here before going all deserty on us again.
Your dessert looks yummy!!
Judy said…
Looks and sounds delicious. I love blueberries and I love cheesecake. Great combo.
Susan @ SGCC said…
Oooh! They look divine! That's the problem with minis. They're small so you don't think having 5 or 6 really counts that much. But, it really adds up. ;)
Anonymous said…
Your tarts look amazing. YUM!
The Blonde Duck said…
I've got to make these. They look fabulous! Think they would travel well?
Sara said…
These look highly addictive! I definitely couldn't stop at just one or two. They look so delicious.
Anonymous said…
I could tell they were addicting when I first brought up your page!


I'm singing.."I like the rain...I love it when it's raining...You'll hear me laughing...while others are complaining...cause I like the rain...I love it when it's raining outside:)"
Do you know that song? xox
Emily said…
Yum! I think I have everything on hand for these, too. Hope you get some sunshine soon.

Supposed to rain here for the next week.
Monica H said…
anything with blueberry and cream cheese has my name all over it- YUM!