Banana Crumb Muffins


This is a 5 star recipe that I found at Allrecipes. Mostly all of the recipes I have found at that site that have 5 stars are terrific. These are no exception. I have to say that this is the first recipe I have made where the streusel really stood out. A lot of the time the streusel topping ends up becoming somewhat flat and baking into the cake! Not with these. They are very, very tasty and easy to make. Great for breakfast or a snack....

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
My Banana Buddy! Love the sound of these!! With the streusel, I bet they are just wonderful!! Do yu like them better than the cake?--the freezer one?
Katy ~ said…
You're right! These ARE some of the very best, I think.
Cassie said…
YUM. These sound so delicious. I always have some bananas lying around, so I'm going to have to make these!
Netts Nook said…
Banana Crumb muffins works for me I will just take your crumbs. Looks perfect.
Mary Bergfeld said…
These do sound delicious. I love streusel and these muffins look terrific. Have a wonderful day.
Pam said…
I love the crumb topping - the muffins look really delicious.
Anonymous said…
YUM! Those sound and look delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie you find more ways to bake with bananas and they are all fantastic! The struesel puts them over the top!
Lisa said…
These sound delightful! I am really enjoying the flavor of bananas lately and your streusel topping looks delicious.
teresa said…
These look just wonderful! Perfect for breakfast!
Denise said…
These look yummy...love crumb topping
Ingrid_3Bs said…
The topping does look very good! Nice photo.
~ingrid
Sara said…
I have never been to allrecipes, I must check it out! These look great, love the crumb topping.
Anonymous said…
Perfect recipe for the bananas that are getting darker by the day on my counter!
noble pig said…
That crumble looks awesome. I want a side view!
Jenn said…
Yummy bananas. The crumb topping is a nice added touch. Put a little crunch into it. Well done.
Bunny said…
I love streusel on muffins, I'm glad this stays on the top of the muffin! It sounds wonderful!
Reeni said…
These look perfect! And your right about the streusel, I made muffins today and my topping looks nothing like yours! How delicious!
Kerstin said…
Love the crumb topping! I'm also a big allrecipes fan because the ratings are usually right on!
Emily said…
MMM I love banana and I love muffins. They look great!
I always have leftover bananas going bad and get tired of making banana bread. These muffins look like a great alternative. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
La Bella Cooks said…
These look perfect with the gorgeous crumb topping. They sound delicious!
NKP said…
I do love a banana muffin!
Anonymous said…
These sound scrumptious, love the topping!
Megan said…
Nothing better then a good streusel! I'll have to give this one a try.
Anonymous said…
look yummy!!! I find most of my recipes on allrecipes.com, too. they have never failed me yet!
Manggy said…
Hah, usually this ends up with me eating the streusel off the top-- yum! Ha ha :)
The Blonde Duck said…
Crumbly muffins! Oh hooray! How delightful!

And I have ripe bananas to use too!
Elyse said…
These muffins look great! I'm so glad that the crumb really stands out on these; I'm always looking for a "stand out" crumb. Delish!