Slow Cooker Pot Roast


Another word for this dish is called "EASY." Maybe even beyond easy. I am posting this for any beginner cooks out there who happen to stumble upon this food blog. Or for those of you who need a break from cooking where anything more than adding things to a pot is more than you want to do right now. I do like to brown the meat first in some olive oil but you don't have to. Anyhow, here is the simplest dish you will ever make and it is also tasty too. This of course, comes from Campbell's Kitchens. In the original recipe you can add potatoes and carrots to your slow cooker also but I don't care for that. I like mashed potatoes with this and I like my carrots to have a slight crunch. They do come out very soft if you add them to the slow cooker. I also like to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of red wine. It just gives it a little something extra.

1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup (regular, 98% fat free, 25% less Sodium or Healthy Request)

1 pouch (2 oz) dry onion soup & recipe mix

6 small red potatoes, halved (I omitted this)

6 medium carrots, cut into 2" pieces (I omitted this)

3 to 3 1/2 lb boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck pot roast

Stir soup, onion soup mix (and wine if you are using it) potatoes and carrots in 4 1/2 qt slow cooker. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and cook on LOW 8 or 9 hours (or HIGH 4 to 5 hours) or until beef is fork tender.

Comments

You have that right, slow cooker is the way to go. I've even gotten everything ready the night before and put a frozen roast in the cooker in the morning before leaving for work and come home to a tender fall apart hunk of deliciousness. Great post Debbie.

Your roast looks magnificant!
Anonymous said…
That is nice and easy for busy days :)
The Blonde Duck said…
Oh yum. I know what I'm making this weekend...
NKP said…
I love to have a slow cooker meal once in a while, it just feels so luxurious to have it ready for me at dinnertime!
Great meal!
Anonymous said…
We all need an easy meal, this sounds delicious!
Pam said…
Can't beat a tasty roast. It's so comforting and delicious.
Emily said…
Mmm, this sounds nice and comforting. I've never made a roast before. Kinda scared, but I might have to give it a try.