Banana Cookies


I think I may be on a banana kick here! My husband found this recipe at the local Giant grocery store and asked me to make them. Boy were they good. They did not last long at all. They are soft, tasty and bursting with flavor. I highly recommend giving them a try. (I did not use raisins in them but instead used craisins which worked out great!)

3/4 cup butter

2/3 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 1/4 cups sugar

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats

1 cup mashed bananas (approx 2 bananas)

1 cup combinations of chocolate chips, raisins or dried cranberries

1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat over to 375F. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Mix together flour, salt and cinnamon. Beat into batter mixture. Mix in oats, bananas, and chocolate chips and dried fruit and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. (I greased the cookie sheets are suggested but would try it next time without doing that) Bake 12-14 minutes. Let rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to wire rack.

Comments

Those cookies must taste so wonderful with banana and chocolate in them. I was looking for a different cookie recipe yesterday, I will have to try this.
Jennifer said…
My husband loves banannas! I must try this! thanks
NKP said…
Oh, I have bananas just staring at me! This would be perfect, I have never had banana cookies before.
Donna-FFW said…
Debbie- I love bananas in cookies. I have a recipe for choc chunk, bananas and macadamia nuts in the cookie. Matter of fact, maybe I'l make them today after reading this post:)
Pam said…
I love banana cookies - these look really fantastic.
test it comm said…
I really like the sound of adding banana to ccc's!
Maria said…
The cookies look fantastic!
Anonymous said…
I have 2 rotting bananas as we speak! Must have this.
Sara said…
These look great, I just threw two overripe bananas into the freezer - will have to try these!
Deborah said…
It's so funny, because I just made banana cookies not too long ago, and now I'm seeing recipes all over the web! These look delicious!