Monday, December 8, 2008

Stir-Fry Broccoli and Beef Tenderloin

I made this dish last week and it was delicious. Both my husband and son raved about it and I will definitely be making this again and again. Maybe next time I will try this with chicken or shrimp. I think both of them would be fine. I found this recipe at My Kitchen Snippets. It's another great food blog that I check all the time.

1/2 pound of beef tenderloin or flank steak, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces

1 pound of broccoli-cut small

1/2 red pepper cut into bite size pieces (I used a whole pepper)

1/2 yellow pepper cut into bite size pieces (I used a whole green pepper)

1 small onion - cut into bite size pieces

1 clove of garlic-chopped

1 tbsp of chopped ginger (I used 1/2 tsp ground ginger)

Marinade for beef:

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp of cooking wine (I used semi sweet red wine)

1 tbsp cornstarch

For Sauce:

2 tbsp oyster sauce

2 tbsp light soy sauce

1 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp of pepper

1 cup chicken stock (more or less depending on how much sauce you like)

1 tsp cornstarch

Marinade sliced beef for thirty minutes. Mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.

Heat pan with about 2 tbsp olive oil. When oil is hot, add beef and stir-fry until it is nearly cooked. Remove beef and set aside. In the same sauce pan, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil, stir-fry garlic, ginger and onions until fragrant and lightly brown. Add in the peppers and broccoli and stir fry for a minute. Add in the sauce and bring it up to a boil. Cook until the broccoli and peppers are cooked but still slightly crunchy. Lastly, add in the beef, stir fry for a few seconds or until sauce and everything is well mixed. Check seasoning. Serve with rice.


Katherine Aucoin said...

Yum, this looks delicious and easy to prepare. Great combination of flavors.

Katie said...

I love stir fry! This looks so delicious!

Darius T. Williams said...

Wow - looks great. Maybe I can make some of this next week - hmmm - something to think about!


Natashya said...

I love this kind of meal, quick and flavourful, perfect for the family.

Maria said...

I love stir fry! The more veggies the better!

The Blonde Duck said...

You can't go wrong with this!