Apricot Chicken Salad with Pistachios


Well it's chicken salad again. I normally do not eat this much chicken salad but the husband asked if I could try this recipe. It sounded good to him. It is very easy to make. Would I make it again? I don't know. The apricots really come through but if you don't eat it right after you make it the flavor becomes flat by the next day. Did not expect that. If you are a big chicken salad fan I would suggest giving it a try. The recipe comes from the latest issue of Reminisce. If any of you try it please let me know what you think of it.......

1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (I used boneless chicken breasts)
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sour cream
4 teaspoons of coarsely chopped pistachios
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon honey
dash of salt
dash of white pepper
dash of hot pepper sauce

In a large bowl combine all ingredients. This can be served on a bed of lettuce, side dish or on a sandwich.

Comments