Busch Gardens aka Why I Don't Go on Rollercoasters!!!







Had a great time at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia yesterday. The weather was absolutely perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better forecast. I met up with a friend of mine who absolutely loves roller coasters and travels across the country going on all the different ones. Of course that meant that my son who is 11 would be having a blast there!!! While he wouldn't go on two of them since I guess they both had pretty steep drops and one had quite a few twists he did go on one that had a 231 foot drop!!!! At that point, I have to ask, what in the world is the difference???? 231 foot drop to me is HUGE!!! I don't think I would survive that without my heart stopping first. Which leads me to this - while my friend Mike was waiting in line for his second time on the coaster the Griffon , my son suddenly looked and pointed in the air at the coaster and said "uh oh." "Uh oh" as in the coaster got stuck....stuck on the way up. This one has a huge drop also that hangs over first and pauses so you can get a good luck at how far you'll be going down. I was certain that Mike was up there stuck on it. But I knew he wouldn't be upset or scared - he would love it!!! No chance of that though. He had been on line and was waiting to get a front row seat so that took longer than usual, so he missed getting stuck. I felt sorry for the people up there and could only imagine how scared I would have been if it were me. Luckily, they were only trapped there for about 20 minutes and it started moving again and all went well. After that though they closed that ride. Whew...glad it wasn't me up there!



We ate at the German Fest Haus and it was very good. We had bratwurst and knockwurst (both excellent) ribs (not good at all), potato salad and a roll. I did have chocolate cake for dessert but could not find any Black Forest.....the cake was good but I wasn't impressed paying $4 for a cup of coffee. A bit high for me!



We walked the park for about 7 hours and I have to say that hopefully I walked off all the calories of the cake! It was a great day and I hope to go back again next summer....my son is already asking to go back again so he can ride the coasters he didn't ride on this year!!!

Comments

Claudia said…
I went on a roller coater once. I will never go one again! I shall use your post as an excuse.
Anonymous said…
That's funny, Knockwurst. It is called Knackwurst with an a.
Cassie said…
Looks like such a fun time! I don't do roller coasters, either :)
Unknown said…
I used to love roller coasters as a kid....I like the tamer ones now!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!
The Blonde Duck said…
Roller coasters give me a headache!
Joanne said…
I have a love/hate relationship with roller coasters. They scare me to death beforehand but I usually have fun while on them. I would NOT enjoy being stuck. But I would LOVE a piece of cake!
Cathy said…
Being stuck on a roller coaster is one of the worst things I can imagine. It sounds like you had a very nice day.
Nutmeg Nanny said…
I won't ride roller coasters anymore but I used to ride them all the time when I was a kid. Now I enjoy just walking around, watching shows and eating all the delicious food. I have basically turned into my parents...haha.
Jennifer said…
I dont do roller coasters, I want to continue to live, LOL!
When you had the food picture followed by the roller coaster picture, I thought the story would have a different ending!

Isn't it grand when your kids have someone besides you to enjoy the rides with?

(My youngest is 8, and yes, I have had kids forever)
Anonymous said…
Busch Gardens Williamsburg doesn't have a roller coaster that has a 231-ft tall drop. Apollo's Chariot has the tallest drop at 210-ft and Griffon is 2nd at 205-ft.
Monica H said…
Eeek! Up there for 20 minutes? No thanks.

Glad you had fun though :-)