Blueberry Supreme Dessert




This is another one of the desserts my husband made recently during his "baking spree." This is super easy and quick. A great dessert with a minimal amount of fuss. The original recipe found in Country magazine called for a can of cherry pie filling but my husband preferred using blueberries. Any filling would probably be fine. You could also swap the rice krispie crust for a graham cracker one. This is one of those desserts you can just play around with.


I saw the movie "Devil" this past weekend and I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good thriller. This is a very, very good movie with a great plot and uplifting ending. Much more meaningful than what any of the TV previews would have you believe. Funny thing is I don't like elevators and rarely go on them - ONLY if I have to. Like if the floor I am going up to is the 20th floor, then I don't have a choice. Now that I've seen this movie I think I might even walk up 20 floors! I don't go to the movies all that often but this is one of those movies that you really need to see on the big screen to get the full effect. Even if you are a scaredy cat - go see this movie. It won't disappoint.


3/4 cup crisp rice cereal


1/4 cup chopped walnuts


2 Tbsp. brown sugar


2 Tbsp. butter, melted


4 cups miniature marshmallows


1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped


1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling (or blueberry)


In a small bowl, combine the cereal, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 8 in. square dish. Fold marshmallows into whipped cream; spread over cereal mixture. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings

Comments

Lucie said…
I've never heard of a rice krispies crust before--I'm looking forward to trying it when I can get my hands on some here in France!
Pam said…
This looks delicious! Supreme for sure!
Katy ~ said…
Now isn't this just a hoot! Who doesn't love rice krispie treats and this is dressed up for a special occasion. Love blueberries. YUM
Unknown said…
This does looks very simple...and so very tasty! YUM!
Monica H said…
The crust on this sounds delicious. I wish my husband went on a baking/dessert spree. ha! Heck, I'd be grateful if he cooked too!

I'l have to check out that movie. I haven't even heard of it yet.
Cassie said…
You had me at "blueberry." Yum!
Julie said…
Think I'll skip the movie and just have a double portion of this dessert :D
the twins said…
i've never seen a dessert like this before. it looks delicious!
Jennifer said…
First off thank you for your recommendation on Devil, we have been trying to decide if we will see it or not! I love thrillers! I love this dessert and the crust, too cool
Joanne said…
I am still so floored that your husband went on a baking spree! And what a good job he did. This looks delicious. Rice krispie crust?? I like.
Nutmeg Nanny said…
What an awesome looking dessert! I have to agree, blueberry is way better than cherry topping :)