Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3rd Place Winner - Butterscotch Banana Bread


I entered this banana bread last week into the Prince William County Fair and it won 3rd place! I am so happy about that since it was in competition with at least 20 other banana breads. This recipe was inspired by Emily of Sugar Plum. I was going to use her recipe but since I had never made it before I wanted to enter something that I had made before. So I chose this banana bread and added butterscotch chips. It was so good! The butterscotch added a great taste to the bread. Thanks for giving me the idea of using the butterscotch Emily!

I have more posts coming up this week. Hopefully when school starts again in 3 weeks my blogging will return to normal. I don't like posting just once a week. Makes me feel "out of touch" with things. But I guess sometimes life just gets in the way and that is a good thing!!!! Anyhow, if you do make this bread just add about 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips to the batter at the very end. Enjoy!

23 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh wow, congratulations! That is so neat!

vickdn said...

congrats on winning 3rd place! and this sounds delish... i love butterscotch :) thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I am going to make that next time I have some ripe banannas!

teresa said...

way to go, that's awesome! it looks delish!

Bridgett said...

How wonderful! A big congratulations to you!

Reeni said...

Congratulations! That's so cool!

Joanne said...

I love butterscotch chips! They seem like the perfect addition. Congrats chica!

Lara said...

Yum, now I want to try some. Congrats on the strong finish!

Lynda said...

Congrats Debbie! Sounds like delicious bread and a whole lot of fun at the fair.

tamilyn said...

Way to go Debbie! How fun is that?

Monica H said...

Congrats Debbie- that's great news!

inanoyster.com said...

congratulations! how exciting! it sure looks delicious, too
!

Katherine Aucoin said...

Congratulations Debbie!!! you are the banana baking queen! I am so ready for fall and some banana bread and am going to try the addition of butterscotch.

The Blonde Duck said...

I LOVE BUTTERSCOTCH! Oh, I can't wait for my bananas to ripen.

Julie said...

Congrats! That's awesome :) I love the idea of butterscotch chips in banana bread.

Jenn said...

Hey that's great!!!!!! Congrats on your win!!!!

Kerstin said...

Butterscotch and banana do sound like the perfect combo - congrats!

Jessica said...

Congrats! How fun!

Lucie said...

Congratulaions! Sounds extra yummy :)

biz319 said...

So you can now say you are an award winning baker! :D Congrats!

Emily said...

YAAAAAY! Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm so excited for you. :))

Jenn said...

YAY!!! Congratulations to you on your win. I think that is so fantastic!

Ingrid said...

That's awesome! Congrats!
~ingrid