Butterfinger Cake


The name of this cake says it all - Butterfingers! My oldest sons favorite candy bar are Butterfingers and I made this for him a few weeks back to celebrate starting his new job! The cake is sooo easy to make and is delicious. I love candy bar cakes and have also made a Milky Way one that I'll post soon. This one starts with a basic yellow cake mix but if you have a good recipe for one from scratch that would be fine too. I found this recipe over at Kelly's Favorite Recipes.

Spring break starts here next week so my youngest son is thrilled his last day of school is tomorrow! It's been feeling like spring here this past week but is supposed to cool down considerably over the next few days. Oh well, hope it warms up next week again....so it really feels like spring break!!

1 box yellow cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed
1 King sized Butterfinger candy bar, coarsely chopped

Mix up batter and bake in a 9 x 13 in baking (or glass dish) according to package directions. When the cake comes out of the oven poke holes in the top of it using a fork.

Combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Pour about half of the caramel mixture slowly over cake. Use a rubber spatula to spread evenly over cake. Wait 10 minutes for the cake to soak up the caramel mixture, then pour the remaining mixture over the cake and spread evenly again. Cool cake completely.

Spread cool whip evenly over cooled cake, then sprinkle Butterfinger pieces on top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Let stand out on counter for about a half hour before serving. Enjoy!

Comments

Jenn said…
I hope you saved me some.

Oh the days of spring break. I remember them fondly. hehehe... I wish I had spring break still. :)
Joanne said…
Butterfingers were one of my favorite candy bars as a kid (and would still be...if I were still in the business of eating candy bars). This looks delicious! And quite intense.
I love butterfinger... what a great recipe!
Unknown said…
I love butterfingers too.. actually, I love most candy bars, but still.. This looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it!
This look simple and yummy!
Mom on the Run said…
That looks so good. I love butterfingers, I am a sucker for the butterfinger and soft serve ice cream. YUM!
Monica H said…
How ironic. I just sawthine earlier that I thought was a Butterfinger cake (it wasn't) but I kept thinking of that and how good that must be and here it is!
Plain Chicken said…
I love this recipe. I got it years ago from a co-worker - it is always a hit!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Very nice! This is a great recipe to have. Something quick and easy but totally yummy.
~ingrid

btw, I'm likin' the sounds and look of those geek potatoes you posted, too!
La Bella Cooks said…
Oh wow, instant addiction. You have the best cakes!
Manggy said…
I actually have a hard time with butterfingers cos the sponge toffee is just so hard -- but when it's all crushed like this, they'd better watch out!! :)
Lara said…
My husband adores anything with butterfingers, so I'm earmarking this recipe for a possible birthday cake for my husband!
Velva said…
Your Butterfinger cake is awesome. My kids would love this one.

Happy Spring to you.
Unknown said…
Debbie...I nominated you for an award, check out my site.
http://jennsfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/03/now-i-am-really-blushing.html
Pam said…
Oh Debbie, this cake looks utterly delicious.
Mary Bergfeld said…
This really sounds delicious! This was my favorite candy bar as a child. When my grandsons are visiting we'll have to give this a try.
Carrie said…
Wowsers, butterfingers cake sounds so yummy! What a great dessert to take to work to share!!
Reeni said…
That looks totally sinful and very rich. I bet it was positively scrumptious!
I love Butterfingers, so I know this cake would be addictive!Thanks!
teresa said…
i want to dive face first into that cake!
oh I bet the flavor was so good nice Mum making his fav cake Rebecca
NKP said…
Holy moley! No calories in that! ;-)
I have always wanted to try a Butterfinger, you don't see them much up here.
Chef Aimee said…
Oh My Goodness this looks AMAZING!!!!
Julie said…
My dtr just discovered the awesomeness of butterfinger. I'm sure she'd love this cake!
Bethie said…
When I saw this I just froze. I have got to make this. OMGosh does that look yummy!