Peaks of Otter




I'm back and I survived (actually did quite well) on the mountain hike with my oldest and youngest son. Peaks of Otter consists of a group of 3 mountain peaks on the Blue Ridge Parkway, outside of Bedford, Virginia. They are Sharp Top, (the one we climbed and the most strenuous) with an elevation of a little over 3800 ft, Flat Top and Harkening Hill. There is also a very nice lodge with a large lake around it. The colors this time of year are beautiful along the parkway. Here is a picture of Sharp Top, the lodge and lake. I'll be back in the next day or so with a recipe. Hope you all had a fun Halloween!

Comments

Denise said…
Great job, you should be proud of yourself!!
noble pig said…
Good for you, it looks beautiful there!
Jenn said…
That's awesome!! I love the first photo. Such a wonderful view.
Monica H said…
Ooh pretty! So glad you made it and survived :-)
Katy ~ said…
Beautiful! It must be invigorating and renewing to breath in all that fresh air and to view all that natural glory. Wow!

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound.
George Gaston said…
Glad to hear that you had a safe hiking trip with your sons and the photographs are great. I am sure they are proud of mom, too!
Cassie said…
Wow, it is so beautiful! So glad you had fun!
Pam said…
Glad you had a nice time away - the pictures are lovely.
Beautiful pictures, I would love to take that hike! what a wonderful memory for you and your son!
Mary Bergfeld said…
You pictures are stunners. It looks beautiful and serene. I hope you had a really good time.
Jennifer said…
Wow, beautiful country there!
Nutmeg Nanny said…
Good job! I bet that hike felt really good:)