Chocolate Raspberry Cookies


Right now the sun is finally shining through and brightening up my kitchen. It's supposed to be a great weekend and I'm looking very forward to it. We are going to a music festival up at Graves Mountain on Sunday and I don't think that would be a lot of fun if it rained!!! That's one of the nice things about Virginia - you have the mountains nearby. It's my favorite second place to be next to the beach. Oh do I miss the beach. Growing up on Long Island you really take that for granted. Then when you don't have a beach nearby, you realize how much you miss it!

These cookies are great. They come courtesy of my husband's "girlfriend" Paula Deen!!! They are easy to make and if you love raspberries, you won't want to pass these up! Just watch your baking time. They didn't look ready to me and I ended up over baking the first batch.....they were still good though!

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (6 ounce) package raspberry creme filled dark chocolate baking pieces
Raspberry icing, recipe follows

Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in baking pieces. Drop cookies by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with raspberry icing when completely cool.

Raspberry Icing
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves

In a bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.

Comments

Hayley said…
These cookies look wonderful! I just love Paula Deen. Have fun at the music festival!
The combination of chocolate and raspberries is so luxurious! These look fantastic! I'm always looking for new cookie recipes!
Anonymous said…
Chocolate raspberry cookies sound wonderful!
Jennifer said…
Enjoy your beautiful weekend and I love those cookies!
Amanda said…
Oh yum those look so good!
teresa said…
I'm in love with Paula too, these cookies look fantastic!
Katy ~ said…
I LOVE chocolate and raspberries together. And in a COOKIE! I'm ALL OVER this!!!
Pam said…
I love chocolate and raspberries together - these are my kind of cookies.
noble pig said…
Oh that raspberry icing is just an incredible addition!
Jenn said…
Yummy!!! As long as there's chocolate and maybe some fruit (LOL), I'm sold!
The Blonde Duck said…
It's so sweet you make all his girlfriend's recipes!
Barbara Bakes said…
What beautiful cookies! I love chocolate and raspberries. I'm not familiar with the raspberry creme filled dark chocolate baking pieces.
Reeni said…
These look so scrumptious! I love chocolate and raspberry together-such a divine match!
Pearl said…
chocolate raspberry cookies? what a delectable combination!
Bunny said…
These look so good! Paul Deen is my hero, there's nothing that woman makes that isn't good!!
Donna-FFW said…
Sounds so yummy, Debbie. Dont know if Ive seen those chips here, Ill have to look for them. Love raspberry and chocolate together..
Coleens Recipes said…
Your cookies look so pretty. I've never heard of the raspberry chocolate pieces, thanks for the tip.
Elyse said…
Aww, the concert sounds like it's going to be so much fun. Hope the weather stays nice for you!! These cookies look incredible. Paula always comes through, doesn't she? Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven. I can't wait to try these out.
Tracy said…
Chocolate and raspberries are just divine together and those cookies look great. I make a very different type of chocolate raspberry bar cookie every Christmas that just makes people's eyes light up.
Kana said…
Hope you have wonderful weekend!
Jamie said…
Very tasty! And who doesn't love that combo of chocolate and raspberry? Yum!
Anonymous said…
OH YUM! Raspberry + chocolate = DELICIOUS!!
Kristen616 said…
Chocolate and Raspberry is by far my favorite flavor combo! These look great!
Anonymous said…
oooo! These look lovely!
Kerstin said…
I love chocolate and raspberries together - yum!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Funny, your husband's girlfriend Paula!

My mom would love these she's very fond of anything raspberry.
~ingrid
Anonymous said…
My friend loooooves mocha and raspberry and her birthday is coming up soon. I think I'll make a mocha version of these cookies! yum!
test it comm said…
Chocolate and raspberry is a great combination and these cookies sound good with it!
Chocolate and raspberry were meant to be together.
Heather said…
these look delicious! and it sounds like your husband has good taste in women ;) paula dean is quite a catch ;)
Dragon said…
These little cookies look so sweet and delicate. Yum!