Coconut, Craisin Banana Nut Bread



Just what the world of food blogging needs - another banana bread. I was not going to even post this but my husband has just been going on about how good this banana bread is and that it is the best one I ever made so I figured that if that is the case, then I better post about it!! I have to admit that I like it too. It is the basic banana bread that I have posted before but since I had craisins, coconut and nuts I wanted to use up before they went bad, I just thew them into this bread. Also had bananas that I needed to get rid of. I seem to always have rotting bananas on hand lately. My husband, who has been dieting and lost 30 pounds (that is a good thing) has been existing during the day for the most part on bananas. I know, I know....that can't be healthy. I can't imagine having 10 bananas during the day would be healthy but he checked it out with his doctor and was given the ok...you got me! He eats only bananas all day and has a normal meal at night. Like I said, he has lost 30 pounds. I told him he better watch it or he will start turning into a monkey. I'll let you all know if his arms start getting longer and he starts swinging from the ceiling lamps...He has become quite the "expert" on bananas also. I constantly hear how most stores do not carry edible bananas. Most of them are way too green or they are rotting. I don't know, I normally don't have a problem, but then my day does not exist hunting for perfectly ripened bananas!!! Anyhow, when he does find decent bananas, he buys tons of them. Hence, the rotting bananas....I'll keep you all posted on how he is doing and if I see any primate habits developing!!!

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour milk (2tsps. lemon juice to 1/2 cup milk)
3 medium bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup nuts
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup coconut (pls a handful to layer on top before baking)

Sift all dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar adn then add eggs. Mix in sifted dry ingredients alternately with the mashed bananas and sour milk. Stir in coconut, craisins and nuts Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Add additional coconut on top of mixture. Bake at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes or until done.

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
I so so so love baking with bananas. They are tasty and versatile, and they go with almost anything. I am actually making a cinnamon banana bread today. Yours sounds delicious. I love the additions! I have even had it with butterscotch chips:)
Jennifer said…
Ohhh that looks good, yummy! My husband would adore this bread!
Anonymous said…
I like the nuts, and crazins, and coconut in this banana bread - it sounds super delicious!
Sara said…
I can always use more banana bread recipes! I love banana with coconut, it's a great combination.
Anonymous said…
I've never made banana bread with coconut, but it sounds like a very tasty combination! Congrats to your hubby for losing 30 pounds!
Elyse said…
Your husband was right to rave: this bread looks delicious. I love coconut, and I love craisins. Put them together in a moist banana bread, and I'm totally content! YUMMY!
NKP said…
I love the addition of coconut to your banana bread - very tropical!
Laura said…
That looks fantastic and very tasty banana bread. I will be sure to try this recipe soon!

Stop by my blog for some more great banana bread recipes!

Laura
test it comm said…
What a nice bread! I like the flavour combinations!
Emily said…
I think we think a like or something, because whatever you make always sounds good.

And of course, this sounds GREAT to me! Yum.
Heather said…
ohhh. i don't think there is such a thing as too many banana bread recipes! this sounds divine. and that creamy tomato and sausage sauce below -- oh la la!
Anonymous said…
I love the twist on this one...I think it sounds delicious!
jesse said…
Haha, I can't complain about this banana bread recipe... it looks too amazing!! Coconut and craisins... never would've thought of it on my own for sure, thanks for sharing!
I have been wanting to make banana bread again and now I am and adding the craisins and the coconut! I'm glad you decided totpost this!
Pam said…
There is never too many banana bread recipes...this looks fantastic! I love that you added craisins.
The Blonde Duck said…
I love that bread. And I have bananas to use!!