Bob's Bumpin' Chicken Salad


This recipe comes from my husband's coworker, Bob. It is really, really good. He suggests using a rotisserie chicken which really cuts down on prep time. I have always used chicken breasts that I've poached. This way is much easier and very tasty. You can eat it by itself or have it as a sandwich. We ate it on toasted burger buns with lettuce and tomato. I plan on making this again and again. I love getting recipes from other people. I'll be making a rice dish soon from one of Bob's recipes and I hope that he plans on sharing many more with me.

2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup mayo
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 1/2 cups cooked chicken (use rotisserie chicken from store)
1 cup finely diced celery
1/3 cup slivered almonds (chop these up a bit)
12 rolls

In a small bowl combine lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper.

Toss with chicken, celery and almonds
(I made this the night before and let the flavors blend...it was great the next day.)

Comments

Yum. I could eat chicken salad every day for lunch.
Anonymous said…
My hubby and I have been working on the perfect chicken salad for YEARS! I like the almonds idea for crunch. I also like to add halved grapes and ranch dressing powder!
Jennifer said…
Yummy, I love chicken salad sandwiches, I will have to try Bobs!
Emily said…
I think it sounds very tasty. However, I've eaten very little chicken salad my whole life. My mom doesn't like mayonnaise, so we never grew up eating salads, slaw, etc. Anywho.
I love chicken salad and using a rotissiere chicken is the only way to go!
Pamela said…
Yum! Sounds great.
Pam said…
I love chicken salad - I add sliced grapes or crasins for a little sweetness. Looks delicious.
Donna-FFW said…
This sounds awesome, Debbie. I love it. Chicken salad is one of my favorite lunches!
The Blonde Duck said…
I love chicken salad.
Elyse said…
Man, your chicken salad looks delicious!! This is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. It's just so creamy and flavorful and delicious on a toasted bun. I rarely ever get to eat it, and I'm not sure why. Your post has inspired me to make this as soon as I have some chicken in my house!
Sara said…
This sounds really good, I love the addition of almonds!
Ginger said…
Why haven't I ever put lemon juice in my chicken salad? That really sounds like it would give it an extra flavor boost!! Thanks for sharing. I have chicken breasts in the freezer, so sounds like a great weekend lunch!!
CookingCourtney said…
yum, chicken salad is so good.
MaryBeth said…
This looks great and I have trying to find a really good chicken salad recipe, I bet it even tastes better the next day.
Donna-FFW said…
Debbie- Have an award for you, please come pick it up.
NKP said…
I love a chicken salad! Especially on really good bread. Sounds great!