Weekend Dog Blogging


Here's a post about my other "kids." My 3 dogs. I have 2 chihuahua's - one female with long hair and one male brindle. My other dog is a pitbull/hound(?) mix. I'll tell you a little about each over the next few weekends. This week we will start with Selena - my long haired female chihuahua.

Selena is 4 years old. We held her in the palm of our hand when she was about 2 weeks old. Or I should say that my husband did. I was too scared since she was so tiny. We finally brought her home right before Christmas of 2004 when she was 8 weeks. She was adorable as a puppy and as cute as ever still. She loves to ride in the car on my lap and look at all the adventure going on out in the world. God forbid, a man come near the car if we are parking or even if some poor guy crosses the street at a Stop sign in front of us. She will pitch a fit! To put it very mildly, she does not like adult men (maybe she is just a smart little girl!!!!) I don't know why this is. She absolutely hates my husbands best friend, who happens to be a dog lover and hates my dad (no dog has ever hated my dad....they love him!) She loves my husband, he is her favorite person. So who knows. She loves children whether they are girls or boys and loves women. She also loves to sit on my lap when I type on my computer. Selena is my little companion. I would be a miserable person if I did not have a dog in my life.....more next weekend on the "boys."

Comments

Jennifer said…
I love it! My girl does not like most men either, if they wear a hat even worse
Donna-FFW said…
Cute doggie! We have a new puppy, Clooney, yes named after George. Love to say Sit Clooney, Beg Clooney, and the like:) They really are like family members!
Anonymous said…
So cute! I love that little face.
She is adorable. I would have been afraid to hold her at two weeks too.
Pam said…
What a cutie - I love her long hair.