Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do You Dare??




When I visited Natashya's blog Living in the Kitchen with Puppies today she had a challenge for other food bloggers....would they care to show their shelves of cookbooks to other bloggers so we can all show each what cookbooks we have in our collections. I definitely thought this would be fun. I really don't have that many, but the ones I do have are ones I really treasure. I buy some cookbooks at yard sales and some (if I really want it) I pay full price for at the book store. My most treasured ones are about 30 years old and are the Doubleday Cookbook, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. I have had them probably 30 years ( older than a lot of people reading this!) and they have NEVER failed me. I turn to them time and time again. If there is an ingredient I'm not familiar with, they will have it in there - what it is and what it's used for. Every recipe is a winner and I still use their recipe for sugar cookies. Can't find a better one ever. I have some newer ones also, like Dorie Greenspan's Baking from my Home to Yours. Another great book. So now you all have seen my collection!!!!! I'd love to see yours!!

7 comments:

Natashya said...

Your double day collection looks well used and well loved! I think the Better Homes and Gardens books are great resources too. And of course Dorie!! This is so much fun. :)

noble pig said...

I love this, what a cute idea! My shelf is overflowing, I need another 10 feet of shelf space.

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Pamela said...

Hmmmm...I didn't see Natashya's post yet. Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll go take a few shots. :o)

The Blonde Duck said...

It's bigger than mine! Great collection.

Katherine Aucoin said...

My collection would be so slight compared to yours. I may just do this tomorrow!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I recognize lots of things from my own shelves!