Do You Dare??




When I visited Natashya's blog Living in the Kitchen with Puppies today she had a challenge for other food bloggers....would they care to show their shelves of cookbooks to other bloggers so we can all show each what cookbooks we have in our collections. I definitely thought this would be fun. I really don't have that many, but the ones I do have are ones I really treasure. I buy some cookbooks at yard sales and some (if I really want it) I pay full price for at the book store. My most treasured ones are about 30 years old and are the Doubleday Cookbook, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. I have had them probably 30 years ( older than a lot of people reading this!) and they have NEVER failed me. I turn to them time and time again. If there is an ingredient I'm not familiar with, they will have it in there - what it is and what it's used for. Every recipe is a winner and I still use their recipe for sugar cookies. Can't find a better one ever. I have some newer ones also, like Dorie Greenspan's Baking from my Home to Yours. Another great book. So now you all have seen my collection!!!!! I'd love to see yours!!

Comments

NKP said…
Your double day collection looks well used and well loved! I think the Better Homes and Gardens books are great resources too. And of course Dorie!! This is so much fun. :)
Anonymous said…
I love this, what a cute idea! My shelf is overflowing, I need another 10 feet of shelf space.
Shauna said…
Just wanted to stop by and wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna
Pamela said…
Hmmmm...I didn't see Natashya's post yet. Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll go take a few shots. :o)
The Blonde Duck said…
It's bigger than mine! Great collection.
My collection would be so slight compared to yours. I may just do this tomorrow!
Anonymous said…
I recognize lots of things from my own shelves!