Cocoa Fudge Cookies

I came across these cookies on Pinterest.  I have come across so many good recipes there. I just have to be careful when I start pinning because it is highly addictive!   These cookies are so very easy and very moist.   They are dairy free so if anyone has a dairy allergy feel free to enjoy these!  They are ever so slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.  Word of caution:  Don't eat these on a cold, wintry day when you plan on staying home.  They will be gone in no time.  Remember that dairy free does not mean fat free!!!!

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons vegan butter (I'm sure you can substitute margarine if you don't have vegan butter)
7 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup plain non dairy yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium size bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
Melt the butter (margarine) in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, sugar and brown sugar - the mixture will look like coarse sand!
Stir in the yogurt and vanilla extract until combined.
Stir in the flour mixture and mix just until moist.

Roll one tablespoon of dough into ball.  Space about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.  Bake in  350 degree F  preheated oven for about 8 - 10 minutes.  Cook on baking sheet for about 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Comments

Joanne said…
Yes, I could see myself eating quite a few of these in no time!
Catherine said…
Dear Debbie, I know what you mean. When it is cold and damp and a good cup of coffee or tea and you need to eat something comforting and sweet. You look and it is gone!!!
They do sound good. Blessings dear. Catherine xo
My Inner Chick said…
I WANT the entire plate of these chocolate sins!! xx
I want so many of these cookies!
Pam said…
These would be a big hit in my house.
Blond Duck said…
Hope you're doing well!
Traci said…
Haha, your word of caution made me laugh. I would make these, but I'm pretty sure I would eat them all! Okay, maybe I'll still make 'em.